United Way of Jackson County (UWJC)
has always done equity work and has now formalized it with a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council. The purpose of the council is to act as advocate, facilitator and convener of education, information and accountability for the continuous learning journey of cultural agility for the United Way of Jackson County. Responsibilities of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council include:
- Promote diversity, equity and inclusion in the committee, council, board and staff of the organization.
- Develop leaders who are educated and aware of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Develop baseline information on where the organization is annually and design a work plan to increase cultural agility.
- Work within the organizational structure to ensure policies and procedures are in place to honor diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Represent the organization in the external environment on issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion.